Friday, December 24, 2010

Butterfly hill

Located not far from the NPark's Ubin-HSBC Volunteer Hub is a small hill with lots of plants.
These plants attract different species of butterfly to that hill.
It was my first time shoot butterfly.
I must say that it is not easy to capture them as they hardly stay still.
Furthermore almost all the butterflies will fly away once I get near them.

I was kind of nice chasing after them but soon, I gave up.
I did manage to capture a few of them.

Parantica agleoides agleoides
Dark Glassy Tiger

Lampides boeticus
Pea Blue / Long-tailed Blue

Butterflies are definitely much more difficult to identify the species.
The same family can look so similar, with only one small detail difference to mark a different species.

Shooting butterfly is a new experience for me.

Pei Yan


*Edit: updated with the correct ID of the butterfly.

1 comment:

  1. Good attempts at shooting butterflies! Both IDs incorrect though. First one is a Dark Glassy Tiger (Parantica agleoides agleoides) and the second shot is a Pea Blue (Lampides boeticus). Glad you enjoyed your outing at Butterfly Hill! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...